Maths(Work and Time)
UPSC, PSC, BANK, RAILWAY,etc. Examination Questions
Questions about Maths (Work and Time) including Kerala Administrative Service (KAS), Secretariat Assistant, Panchayath Secretary, BDO, Auditor, Assistant, LDC and LGS examination level questions. You need a lot of experience in taking an online exam.
1. A can do a job in 7 days and B can do the same job in 9 days. In how many days they can complete the work if they work together?
3 15/16 days
2. Arun can do a piece of work in 24 days and Ravi in 20 days but with the help of Balu they finished the work in 8 days. Then Balu alone can do the work in how many days?
3. If P can do a piece of work in 25 days and Q can finish it in 20 days. They worked together for 5 days and the P left. How many days Q will have taken to complete the work?
4. A alone can do a piece of work in a 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs.3200 with the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C ?
5. 12 men can complete the work in 6 days then how many men are required to complete the work in 4 days?
6. A can complete the work in 6 hours and B can complete the same work in 4 hours. If they work alternatively in what time will the work is finished?
7. A & B working separately can do a piece of work in 8 & 12 hours respectively. If they work one hour alternatively, A beginning the work at 10 am. When will the work will be finished?
8. A can finish the wok in 6 days and B can in 4 days. A start the work and after 1day B also joins. In how many days will take the total work finished?
9. A can complete a work in 12 days he works for 4 days and B finishes the remaining work in 12 days. In how many day B alone can finish the work?
10. A can finish a work in 9 days, he works for 6 days then B finishes the remaining work in 5 days. In how many days will A & B together finish the work?
11. 5 men can prepare 10 toys in 6 days working 6 hours a day, then in how many days can 12men prepare 16 days working 8 hours a day ?
12. A is twice as fast as B and they together can complete a work in 6 days. In how many days will A alone complete the work?
13. A is twice as fast as b and 4 times as fast as C. if b can complete the work in 14days. In how many days will A, B & C together finish the work ?